On 22.07.2016 11:17, Scott Kostyshak wrote:
On Fri, Jul 22, 2016 at 10:41:08AM +0200, racoon wrote:
On 21.07.2016 02:04, Scott Kostyshak wrote:
On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 07:32:01PM -0400, Scott Kostyshak wrote:

Interesting idea. I guess we do not show it to use the extra space, but
I'm not sure which is best.

I doubt we are going to change this by default [...]

(Sorry for being slightly off-topic.)

I am not sure I understand why though.

If the reason is that the extra space is important to have then something
should be done about the spaces in LyX in general. Because I guess often
people work with several tabs anyway and if space is a problem there, then
it is a more general problem.

Yes it would be nice to improve vertical space in other ways.

How about a "full screen" option that is still windowed, i.e. a windowed mode that gets rid of selected elements, like toolbars and tabs?

- To begin with it could use the same settings of hidden elements as full screen.

- Keyboard shortcut: Some modifier+F11?

I am just brainstorming...

Daniel