Typing ctrl+P followed by shift+enter does the trick on my mac with LyX 2.2.0.

HTH,
Jan Annaert

From:  "lyx-users@lists.lyx.org" <lyx-users@lists.lyx.org> on behalf of Maria
Gouskova <gousk...@gmail.com>
Date:  Wednesday 7 September 2016 16:02
To:  Joel Kulesza <jkule...@gmail.com>
Cc:  "lyx-users@lists.lyx.org" <lyx-users@lists.lyx.org>
Subject:  Re: Frame separator

On Wed, Sep 7, 2016 at 9:02 AM, Joel Kulesza
<jkule...@gmail.com> wrote:

Maria,

The "separator" is no longer explicitly used (it sounds like the documentation
isn't yet updated).  Check the recent release notes for official guidance.

My version: after you're done inputting information in the frame, hit Enter /
Return a bunch of times and eventually you will get the traditional separator
line.  I'm likely approaching this is in a clumsy fashion, but it is the
easiest approach I've found.
 That said, immediately inserting a new Frame isn't done as easily as I would
like.  I still need to figure out of there is a better yet quick/easy way to do
this.

Regards,
Joel

Hmm, that doesn't do anything over here. I keep hitting "enter", but that never
takes me out of the original frame.

But for anyone else looking for a solution to this, I did dig up an answer.

First of all, apparently, this change was introduced in 2.2.0:

http://git.lyx.org/?p=lyx.git;a=blob_plain;f=lib/RELEASE-NOTES;hb=97a3a64290e3c1afa2fede081ef17736be636c5a

And the solution (detailed in the User Guide section 3.4.6, but the
instructions are out-of-date in the Beamer manual) is to go to Edit>Start New
Environment. This is not specific to Frames but will start a new instance of
whatever environment you're in.
 If you are in a Frame environment when you do this, it will insert a separator
and start a new frame.

The next mystery is what to call this in when assigning key bindings?

Maria

On Wed, Sep 7, 2016 at 6:50 AM, Maria Gouskova