On 05.12.2016 01:40, gordon cooper wrote:
On 05/12/16 12:19, racoon wrote:
Does someone know where LyX puts backups of unsaved documents?

 I find Lyx copies in the folder that I am using for the related Lyx file.

Thanks.

What is the "related LyX file" you are using? (As I mentioned, I have not saved my document yet, so I guess my document isn't the file you refer to.)

My guess is that the backups are stored in some temp directory but I cannot remember which one. I am on Windows 7.

Maybe it would be nice to list that path somewhere in LyX. Maybe in the About dialog together with the library and user directory?