On 05.12.2016 09:24, gordon cooper wrote:
By related file (and I was not quite sure how to describe it), I mean a
copy of the file
that I am working on. Most of my work in Lyx  is documentation for an
operating system,
MX-Linux.  Two of us write/edit the user manual. There are annual major
updates, plus
bug fixing etc during the year. Therefore I use a separate folder for
each version of the
project, and find that Lyx will save a copy of the present workfile into
that folder, if I
forget to do a save myself.

Okay, maybe I did not make my situation clear enough: I have *never* saved the document anywhere before. So there is no specific folder for it.

Daniel