Hi,

I would appreciate some help regarding the following problem.
I am (still) using LyX 2.0.2.
I have a paper prepared with the above version of LyX, using the article

template for  Springer (svjour3). The problem is that I have prepared
the bibliography
in the simplest way, that is the bibliography items are written
explicitely in the
LyX document, and referenced by numbers. However, in the
journal they want references by Author-year, and as far as I can
understand this can only be done by having the list of references
in *.bib files. I no nothing about BibTeX, and I am confused by the
diversity
of programs and details concerning BibTeX. What could be the simplest
way
of doing the conversion, and what exactly should I do, step by step, to
accomplish it?

Leslaw