-----Original Message-----
From: lyx-users@lists.lyx.org [mailto:lyx-users@lists.lyx.org] On Behalf Of
Guenter Milde
Sent: mandag 20. mars 2017 10.16
To: lyx-users@lists.lyx.org
Subject: Re: Missing glyphs! Missing character: There is no , (U+2028) in font
[XXX]:mode=node;s

On 2017-03-20, Bernt Lie wrote:

> [-- Type: text/plain, Encoding: base64 --]

This character is the line separator. The error message can be safely ignored.

The same holds for 0x200c  ZERO WIDTH NON-JOINER (a missing character has the
same effect (preventing ligatures and kerning)

and maybe some other nonprintable characters. I suggest an exception list for
the missing-characters-warning-to-error feature.

> I choose to show the output nonetheless several times, because the
> error-message keeps showing. With some fonts the italics are not
> displayed, in some cases the resulting PDF seems to be correct at
> first sight. The fonts seem to be correctly installed.

This is unrelated.

> Not completely related, but I get a "Missing glyphs!" (two times) with
> LyX 2.2.2 on Windows 10. The source of this missing glyphs are two
> occurrences of BibTeX references containing the character {\AA} (I
> assume this is the source – the error message showed up after I
> included these references…).

The latex macro \AA is translated to

212B    ANGSTROM SIGN
        * non SI length unit (=0.1 nm) named after A. J. Ångström, Swedish
physicist

The Unicode standard says:

        * preferred representation is 00C5

00C5    LATIN CAPITAL LETTER A WITH RING ABOVE

Both character look the same but some fonts only contain 00C5.

You can solve this by changing \AA to \r{A} in the bibtex file or by selecting
a font with 212B.

Günter
--
Hm. The LaTeX macro \AA *should* be translated to the Scandinavian letter Å, at
least according to some LaTeX manuals I have read through the years. As in

I tried the suggestion of replacing \AA with \r{A}. Result?
* The typesetting in the bibliography is correct and the same as for when I
used \AA
* I still get the same missing glyphs message
* Now, I cannot search for Å in JabRef -- if I use \AA, I can search for Å in
JabRef.

-B