On 20/03/2017 2:22 p.m., John White wrote:
Apparently. At least I don't see it in lyx 2.2.2.

We are required occasionally by a court to submit proposed orders in
microsoft word. These are on pleading paper. Easy to prepare the order
in lyx but in exporting it to microsoft it loses the line numbers.
Libreoffice and openoffice do a better job, but when exporting from
either libreoffice or openoffice to .doc, the line numbers are also lost.

I can't recall if I had this problem when we could export directly from
lyx to rtf, but I don't think so.

John

On Monday, March 20, 2017 1:12:03 AM PDT Patrick Dupre wrote:

 > Hello,

 > If I remember correctly, I was able to convert directly a lyx file to a

 > rtf file in the past. Did this option disappear ?

 > Thank.

 > Patrick DUPRÉ | | email: pdu...@gmx.com

 > Laboratoire de Physico-Chimie de l'Atmosphère | |

 > Université du Littoral-Côte d'Opale | |

 > Tel. (33)-(0)3 28 23 76 12 | | Fax: 03 28 65 82 44

 > 189A, avenue Maurice Schumann | | 59140 Dunkerque, France

I'm on windows, so the detail will be different, but I can export directly from LyX 2.2.2 to rtf. I had to set up the converter myself, using latex2rtf. In Tools > Preferences > File Handling > Converters I have a converter from LaTeX (plain) to Rich Text Format (so LyX exports first to LaTeX then from LaTeX to rtf) and in the Converter slot I have

c:/progra~2/latex2rtf/latex2rt.exe -P c:progra~2/latex2rtf/cfg $$i

latex2rtf is installed at "C:/Program Files (x86)/latex2rtf". The "c:/progra~2" is the windows way of coping with the spaces in "C:/Program Files (x86)".

(The export works; latex2rtf has got better over the years.)

Andrew

---