On Thu, 30 Mar 2017 16:25:18 -0400
"Paul A. Rubin" <parubi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 03/30/2017 03:45 PM, Steve Litt wrote:

[snip Steve's symptom description]

> I made a small test document (attached) using the standard book
> class. When I added the hyperlink to the document, I got an error
> message about an option class between two packages (that was not
> there when the document had URLs but not hyperlinks). It had
> something to do with one package loading with the option unicode=true
> while some earlier package is apparently a unicode denier.
>
> Following the suggestion in the error message, I moved the unicode
> option and all the options for hyperref to the document class options
> field, and that fixed things ... sort of. The URLs and the hyperlink
> are all colored now, but the color is purple (or purplish), which
> would not be my first (second, third, ...) choice. Presumably there's
> a place to specify an option to some package to use red, blue, ...
>
> Paul

VERY nice, Paul. You just trapped the problem.

It turns out adding unicode=true to mine didn't work, but with yours
working perfectly, I can now keep carving down mine until I get it to
work like yours. I'll be using your minimal case as an example in my
troubleshooting classes: You really sectioned it down.

Thanks,

SteveT

Steve Litt
March 2017 featured book: Troubleshooting: Why Bother?
http://www.troubleshooters.com/twb