On 04/20/2017 10:46 PM, Richard Heck wrote:
I'm thinking about buying one of these:

    https://system76.com/laptops/galago

But it has HiDPI, and I'm curious what people's experience is using LyX
with HiDPI screens under Linux (KDE, in my case). Help?

Richard

Hi Richard,
Fear not, LyX works fine. I'm using Gnome@Fedora on a DELL XPS 13 HiDPI/touch. There are only a few places where widget rendering is awry, most notably in Document settings > Bullets. Still not sure whether this is because of something in LyX or adwaita-qt5 theme. In any case, things look much better than in 2015 (http://www.mail-archive.com/lyx-devel@lists.lyx.org/msg188814.html, http://wiki.lyx.org/uploads/Playground/)
KDE? have no idea, should be the same, or better.
And hey - whatever you find not working, we all will have someone with a HiDPI screen to fix it.
Go for it!

(that galago looks very much like my XPS 13 Sputnik... except for the thick bezel... HDD? you better go with solid state drive!)