On 04/22/2017 05:15 AM, Jürgen Spitzmüller wrote:
My point is that Wayland did not read the local profile script last
time I checked. Manually exporting works, but settings in the local
profile scripts were simply ignored.

Got it!
My question was does
"export QT_AUTO_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTOR=true"
as opposed to
"export QT_AUTO_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTOR=1"
make any difference for you at all?
Because the "=true" does nothing for me.

Also, now that I got used to the scaling factor of 2, and after setting the icon size back to Normal, I'm wondering how much does LyX comply to the new way of setting dimensions, that is, how much of the interface is being painted in pixel/point units and not, e.g. by the recommendations at http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/highdpi.html?

For, I must say, even though the UI with the scaling of 1 is quite usable it feels crumpled and looks a bit ugly, while the scaling of two makes it somewhat oversized, but much nicer to look at:
http://wiki.lyx.org/uploads/Playground/LyX230dev-Wayland-scaling_factors_applied-201704.png
(physical size of the screen is 295mm x 160mm)