(Monday, 10 October 2016)
Built from git commit hash
Library directory: /usr/share/lyx
User directory: ~/.lyx/
Qt Version (run-time): 5.7.1
Qt Version (compile-time): 5.7.1

 Up to date Debian Stretch

                I have a little problem with my ISP.

Created a LyX file and then used the two eyes button to convert it to
a .pdf.

My ISP says:

        WARNING! This attachment is suspicious because its type doesn't
        match the type declared in the message. If you do not trust the
        sender, you shouldn't open it in the browser because it may
        contain malicious contents.

Expected: application/pdf(.pdf); found: application/octet-stream(.bin)

It asks to open anyway, and it opens as a .pdf file just the way it
was created?

A small sample attached.

Any ideas?

TIA
Charlie
--
        Registered Linux User:- 329524

        Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice; it
        is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved
        --J Bryan

        Debian GNU/Linux - Magic indeed.