On Fri, 9 Jun 2017 13:06:07 -0400
Scott Kostyshak <skost...@lyx.org> wrote:

> > > Indeed, I've read that determining the type of file from the file
> > > itself can be tricky. See also:
> > >
> > >     https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magic_number_(programming)
> > >
> > > Scott
> >
> > Thank you for the link.
>
> I'm not sure if this link is relevant:
>
>     https://stackoverflow.com/a/37616343/1376404
>
> Scott

Thanks Scott,

This could very well be the case. I wonder what corruption it might be.
Created in LyX which would pick up any wrongness, and then converted
with a converter that has never before failed to deliver the .pdf?

Anyway, have bookmarked this for future use if needed.

Thank You,
Charlie

--
        Registered Linux User:- 329524

        Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has
        genius, power and magic in it. --Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

        Debian GNU/Linux - Magic indeed.