Dear Anders and Joel,

Thank you both.

Just to add one more piece of data.  To try to isolate what might cause Lyx to
freeze for me but not for you, I booted in "safe mode", so my system would be
running only the bare essentials.  Lyx behaved exactly the same, with the same
freeze.

So though it sounds like the change in dialog focus that you are seeing might
well be related to my more severe problem, I haven't a clue why we are seeing
different behavior.  Very puzzling.

-David

On May 29, 2017, at 1:13 PM, Anders Ekberg <a...@me.com<mailto:a...@me.com>>