I am using lyx to write my thesis and having major problems.
The program continually crashes and mostly forms an emergency file but
sometimes not.
The document seems to get messed up regardless.
Sometimes just out of the blue the formatting for the document changes. This
happens after I have been working on the document for some weeks. It may just
be in a section but then it will change the whole document.
Things it changes are:
The word font changes
The word size changes
The line spacing changes
Seems to put everything in maths font
Things that were in maths code are no longer in maths code.
Changes symbols
Changes numbers with other numbers
Tries to put stuff on one line or on different lines
Deletes sub sub-sections
Sub-section name size changes
Changes order of things that were already ordered
Orders stuff that is not meant to be ordered
Seems to copy sections
Whole sections are repeated
Work that was cleared up and spelling fixed seem to go back
Seems to fuse everything together.

The document class is American Mathematical Society (AMS) Article

I can send a document sample if this helps

I am using Windows 10 and lyx version 2.1.
Hoping you can give me some advice I just seem to be redoing stuff and it gets
better just for the same thing to happen again.

William Balthes