Is there a way to tweak Lyx so the Citation dialog shows a different set of
options for "Citation Style" than the ones that appear by default when I have
selected  "natbib" and "author-year" in Document Settings/Bibliography?  I'd be
interested in having a comma rather than semicolon separating multiple
references, for example.

There's nothing I can't produce manually, of course, by simply selecting the
date-only option on the Citation Style pull-down menu and typing what I want
before and after the date, but if I could take advantage of the pull-down menu
options more often, it would save some effort.

Similarly, for some purposes, at least, I'd be happy if I could tweak "text
after" in the same dialog so that it ends up preceded by a colon rather than
the comma that Lyx inserts.

-David