Am 01.07.2017 um 06:27 schrieb Mr William Balthes:

I have been working on my lyx document for some months now an it has had numerous crashes etc. I have received some advise that may help with that in the future.

The major issue is that the format of the document seems to have changed.

It feels like most of the document is in maths editor mode and I cant get out of it.

As soon as I put a symbol into a line it all becomes fused up, words cant be spaced or entered onto a new line and it puts commas between the words and it is in maths font.

Equations, and lines with inline equations go over into the right margin. I cant seems to split the equations

This makes it very hard and slow to edit any work and input new lines that have any maths.

There are also some little red squares that have appeared at the right margin of some line. Not sure what they are or what they do.

The issue seems to be throughout the whole document. I will attach one part.

I am using Windows 10. Started the document in Lyx 2.2.1, then on a PC with 2.2.2 and have now upgraded to 2.2.3.

Since going to 2.2.3 document stopped with this message.

"Software exception detected and Lyx has caused an exception it will now attempt to save all unsaved documents and exit". "Exception bad allocation."

It just stayed on the screen with the blue circle going round and round and could do anything or close. When able to close it nothing was saved. Fortunately there was a document (like an auto save) saved 5 mins prior.

Hope you might come up with some solutions so I can fix my document.

I have changed in document settings math options to automatic and
use class defaults
Afterward the pdf output was ok
Wolfgang