Hi Richard, thanks for bringing in your experience.

If the tar.gz was something you can "mount" like a read-write DMG it would make sense to say that the archive does what I have in mind. As far as I know one can open DMG files and edit them and close them, effectively saving the content. The way it is now with tar.gz for me it is good only for archival purposes.

Hopefully more people would enjoy having a "all-inclusive" file like this one.

Cheers,
Roberto