Jürgen,

I did as you told me

- I installed all the groups of texlive packages Mageia is offering but I don't know for certain whether or not "biber" is installed; I find no way to look for a single package called texlive-biber or texlive-biblatex

- I did reconfigure several times

- I cannot set the Bibliography Processor to "biber" in Documents Settings because it is not a choice - all I see is: Default, bibtex, bibtex8. And in Tools > Preferences > Output > LaTeX > Processor I see only Custom, bibtex, bibtex8.

I hope I am not too stupid and sorry for bothering you!

Michael