On 2018-01-22, José Abílio Matos wrote:
> On Saturday, 20 January 2018 22.39.46 WET Scott Kostyshak wrote:
>> Does anyone else run into this annoyance, e.g., with other forms of
>> English, French, German, etc? If not, then I don't think we should
>> change anything.

> I do with the different variants of English, sometimes I use the UK
> variant mainly because of the spelling (it is more natural to me to use
> colour than color) and I incur in the same problems you described.

I used to have this problem with de-1901 (german) vs. de-1996 (ngerman) but
now almost all my documents use the new spelling.

Still suffer from a related problem when copying a formula from an English
document to a German one, say. Unless there is text in it, a formula should
be language agnostic, IMV.

Günter