On Wed, 25 Apr 2001, Juha Siltala wrote:

> Our Department (of History in the U of Oulu, Finland) has, of course,

Hello!

> 1. Page numbering:
>       First page. This is the "front page". I get a page number here,
> which is not good.

Use \thispagestyle{empty} in red tex on those pages.

>       Second page. Table of contents. This should be page 1. No number
> should be shown though.

It's possible to change page number, afaik, but I don't know how.
\setpagecounter or something...

> 2. Table of Contents: "Introduction" and "Conclusion" should not be
> numbered, but should show up in the TOC. Same goes for "Bibliography".

For the first two, you could use "Section*" environment and then write
below, in red tex,
        \addtocontents{toc}{otsikonnimi}

The rest of the questions are a bit too difficult for me :(
Look anyway
http://www.educat.hu-berlin.de/~voss/lyx/
and
http://www.maths.bris.ac.uk/dept/Texhtml/ltx-2.html