On 4/25/19 11:48 PM, UD Kap wrote:
I am sure I am doing something REALLY silly, but my Lyx (2.3.2, running under Linux Mint-XFCE) refuses to show integrals, pi, etc. Instead, it shows some other symbols (O with an accent for integral, bold letter P for \pi, etc.).  Latex works fine-- if I use ERT in Lyx or Texworks without Lyx everything is correct, but not if I Insert an equation into Lyx.

Where did I screw up?

Thanks--

Ehud Kaplan

Did you compile it yourself, install from the Canonical repository, or install from Liviu's PPA (which I recommend; the Canonical repo tends to lag behind the current release)? If you installed from a repo, did you install the lyx-common and fonts-lyx packages as well as the lyx package?

Paul