On 1/14/21 1:44 PM, Yu Jin wrote:
> Am Do., 14. Jan. 2021 um 18:50 Uhr schrieb Richard Kimberly Heck
> <rikih...@lyx.org <mailto:rikih...@lyx.org>>:
>
>     On 1/14/21 11:04 AM, Yu Jin wrote:
>>     Am Do., 14. Jan. 2021 um 04:06 Uhr schrieb Richard Kimberly Heck
>>     <rikih...@lyx.org <mailto:rikih...@lyx.org>>:
>>
>>         On 1/13/21 4:18 PM, Baris Erkus wrote:
>>         > On 13-Jan-21 7:51 PM, Richard Kimberly Heck wrote:
>>         >> We are pleased to announce the release of the first alpha
>>         for LyX 2.4.0.
>>         >> You can find source tarballs and binaries for Windows and
>>         OSX here:
>>         >>
>>         >> http://ftp.lyx.org/ftp/pub/lyx/devel/lyx-2.4/
>>         <http://ftp.lyx.org/ftp/pub/lyx/devel/lyx-2.4/>
>>         >>
>>         >> See this page
>>         >>
>>         >> https://wiki.lyx.org/LyX/NewInLyX24
>>         <https://wiki.lyx.org/LyX/NewInLyX24>
>>         >>
>>         >> for a description of new features and updates. As you will
>>         note, there
>>         >> are quite a few of those.
>>         >>
>>         >> As always with alpha software, this is released only for
>>         testing
>>         >> purposes. While some of the developers have been using
>>         this version, and
>>         >> we believe it is fairly stable, there are likely to be
>>         some unpleasant
>>         >> surprises. That said, we would greatly appreciate testing,
>>         especially on
>>         >> Windows, where we have few developers.
>>         >>
>>         >> Should you run into a problem, please report it on our bug
>>         tracker:
>>         >>
>>         >> https://www.lyx.org/trac/newticket
>>         <https://www.lyx.org/trac/newticket>
>>         >>
>>         >> (You may need to register, if you haven't already.) If you
>>         have
>>         >> questions or comments, or aren't sure if what you have
>>         found is a bug,
>>         >> please email the developer's list at
>>         lyx-de...@lists.lyx.org <mailto:lyx-de...@lists.lyx.org>.
>>         >>
>>         > When I tried to open my LyX 2.3.5.2 file with 2.4.0a1 64
>>         bits, it
>>         > gives the error "Error reading module theorems-ams-bytype."
>>         [snip] I
>>         > attached a MWE that I created in LyX 2.3.5.2, with empty
>>         contents but
>>         > with Theorems (AMS, numbered by type) module added. So it
>>         gives the
>>         > error once and the file opens.
>>
>>         This opens fine for me, with no error. Have you made any local
>>         modifications to that module? (I.e., do you have your own
>>         modified copy
>>         in your user directory?)
>>
>>         Eugene, can you reproduce?
>>

>>     Yes, I get this error message:
>>
>>     16:46:58.105: (file-open: Strg-Taste+O)
>>
>>     16:47:22.766: (buffer-new: Strg-Taste+N)
>>
>>     16:48:12.887: (buffer-close: Strg-Taste+F4)

> [...]

I forgot to add those to the Makefile. I've done so now.

Baris (and anyone else), if you want to fix this locally, add the
attached file to the layouts/ directory in your LyX installation.

Riki

# Theorem-like counters, separately for each type of theorem

Format 90
Counter theorem
        GuiName Theorem
        LaTeXName thm
End
Counter corollary
        GuiName Corollary
        LaTeXName cor
End
Counter lemma
        GuiName Lemma
        LaTeXName lem
End
Counter proposition
        GuiName Proposition
        LaTeXName prop
End
Counter conjecture
        GuiName Conjecture
End
Counter fact
        GuiName Fact
End
Counter definition
        GuiName Definition
        LaTeXName defn
End
Counter example
        GuiName Example
End
Counter problem
        GuiName Problem
End
Counter exercise
        GuiName Exercise
        LaTeXName xca
End
Counter solution
        GuiName Solution
        LaTeXName sol
End
Counter remark
        GuiName Remark
        LaTeXName rem
End
Counter claim
        GuiName Claim
End
# Theorem-like counters, extended, separately for each type of theorem

Format 90
Counter criterion
        GuiName Criterion
End