On 1/14/21 4:30 PM, Andrew Parsloe wrote:

On 14/01/2021 10:11 pm, Baris Erkus wrote:
On 14-Jan-21 6:06 AM, Richard Kimberly Heck wrote:
On 1/13/21 4:18 PM, Baris Erkus wrote:
On 13-Jan-21 7:51 PM, Richard Kimberly Heck wrote:
We are pleased to announce the release of the first alpha for LyX 2.4.0.
You can find source tarballs and binaries for Windows and OSX here:

http://ftp.lyx.org/ftp/pub/lyx/devel/lyx-2.4/

See this page

https://wiki.lyx.org/LyX/NewInLyX24

for a description of new features and updates. As you will note, there
are quite a few of those.

As always with alpha software, this is released only for testing
purposes. While some of the developers have been using this version, and we believe it is fairly stable, there are likely to be some unpleasant surprises. That said, we would greatly appreciate testing, especially on
Windows, where we have few developers.

Should you run into a problem, please report it on our bug tracker:

https://www.lyx.org/trac/newticket

(You may need to register, if you haven't already.) If you have
questions or comments, or aren't sure if what you have found is a bug,
please email the developer's list at lyx-de...@lists.lyx.org.

When I tried to open my LyX 2.3.5.2 file with 2.4.0a1 64 bits, it
gives the error "Error reading module theorems-ams-bytype." [snip] I
attached a MWE that I created in LyX 2.3.5.2, with empty contents but
with Theorems (AMS, numbered by type) module added. So it gives the
error once and the file opens.
This opens fine for me, with no error. Have you made any local
modifications to that module? (I.e., do you have your own modified copy
in your user directory?)

Eugene, can you reproduce?

Riki

PS Note that 2.3.6 is out.

Nope, I have not done modifications to the module.

I've installed 2.4.0 alpha 1 on windows 10. When I try to add the Standard Theorems (Numbered by type) module to a new document I too get the message: Error reading module theorems-bytype.  I looked at the module and commented out the line

Input theorems-counters-bytype.inc

and it loaded without problem. theorems-counters-bytype.inc is not in the LyX 2.4/Resources/layouts directory, which I presume is the problem.

Yes, I forgot to include them. They're attached.

Riki

# Theorem-like counters, separately for each type of theorem

Format 90
Counter theorem
        GuiName Theorem
        LaTeXName thm
End
Counter corollary
        GuiName Corollary
        LaTeXName cor
End
Counter lemma
        GuiName Lemma
        LaTeXName lem
End
Counter proposition
        GuiName Proposition
        LaTeXName prop
End
Counter conjecture
        GuiName Conjecture
End
Counter fact
        GuiName Fact
End
Counter definition
        GuiName Definition
        LaTeXName defn
End
Counter example
        GuiName Example
End
Counter problem
        GuiName Problem
End
Counter exercise
        GuiName Exercise
        LaTeXName xca
End
Counter solution
        GuiName Solution
        LaTeXName sol
End
Counter remark
        GuiName Remark
        LaTeXName rem
End
Counter claim
        GuiName Claim
End
# Theorem-like counters, extended, separately for each type of theorem

Format 90
Counter criterion
        GuiName Criterion
End