On the Mac (deduced from the icloud address)

        find /Applications/LyX.app/ -name lyx2lyx -type f

tells us

        /Applications/LyX.app/Contents/Resources/lyx2lyx/lyx2lyx

Try the complete path/file name on the old file and see what that says.

Looks a little like a TeX installation issue, just to be sure, you did
install TeX, right?

I use Homebrew, which has three versions ((annually) updated)

         brew install mactex
         brew install mactex-no-gui
         brew install basictex

I use the latter, and apply a small modification to the default

         TEXDIR=$(dirname $(kpsewhich texmf.cnf))
         TEXPARENT=$(dirname $(dirname $(kpsewhich texmf.cnf)))
         perl -i -p -e 's+\$SELFAUTOPARENT/+/$TEXPARENT/+' $TEXDIR/texmf.cnf

As I have multiple systems I can update the packages missing after an
update of basictex easily with something like

         tlmgr install $(ssh -C USER@HOST tlmgr list --only-installed \
                | awk '{gsub(":","",$2);print $2}'

and so don't need to have the complete installation.

I also like long error lines and do so something like this

         brew install gsed

         for i in error_line max_print_line half_error_line
         do
                 gsed -i "/$i/d" $TEXDIR/texmf.cnf
         done
         cat >> $TEXDIR/texmf.cnf <<EOF
         error_line=254
         half_error_line=238
         max_print_line=1000000
EOF

The EOF must be at the beginning of the line

--
To email me replace 'nospam' with 'el'