On 10/20/22 14:44, ahostmadsen--- via lyx-users wrote:
And to add. When I run the following command, which I think emulates the converter as run from LyX:

python -tt /Applications/LyX.app/Contents/Resources/lyx2lyx/lyx2lyx  -o abc.lyx  testfile.lyx

the conversion works perfectly. Yet, from inside lyx it doesn’t work.

Meanwhile, trying to edit converters, my LyX installation got further damaged. Now the font used inside LyX is screwed up (only sans-serif), although I didn’t change anything about fonts. I feel my LyX installation is damaged. How can I uninstall completely, and then install from scratch?

Regarding screen fonts, if you go to Tools > Preferences... > Look & Feel > Screen Fonts, you should see which fonts are being used in the LyX UI (including sample text for each). Do they indicate that any fonts with serifs are selected? If not, are any fonts you would like listed among the options in the select boxes?

Paul