Am 27.10.2022 um 21:34 schrieb Marcus Kriele via lyx-users
<lyx-users@lists.lyx.org>:

> Thanks for both your answers
>
> @JMarc: I simply upgraded to the newer Mac OS. Prior to the update, LyX was
> running smoothly, so  I would assume that I had Python 3.0 as well. An
> OS-update shouldn’t delete existing programs. In the meanwhile I have
> downgraded OS again and cannot verify anymore whether I did have Python 3.0

Sorry to say that, but the upgrade from Mac OS 12.2 to 12.3 did exactly that -
delete the Python 2.7 and install a Python 3.x stub instead. So the question is
indeed: did you upgrade from 12.2 or less and did you try to install the Python
3 on Venture or not?

BR, Stephan