On 09/01/2021 20:42, Richard Kimberly Heck wrote:
> A change in LyX 2.3.6.1 broke the use of SyncTeX with OSX (bug
> #12063).  This was due to inconsistencies in our underlying Qt
> libraries.  Thus, a new version fixing that problem has been
> released.
[...]

And try to symlink python3 to a directory in your PATH

        ln -s /usr/bin/python3 /usr/local/bin/python

or if that squeals

        sudo ln -s /usr/bin/python3 /usr/local/bin/python

If you run

        find /Applications/LyX.app -type f -exec grep python {} ';'

you'll see that a number of files want python (and not python3).

As an aside:

        I use homebrew's python3.10.8 which symlinks to
        /usr/local/bin/python3 and if I am not mistaken to
        /usr/local/bin/python (but I may have done this manually) so
        python is always found and always equates to the (latest)
        python (3.10.*) installed by homebrew.

                Added complication for homebrew is of course that on the
                M1 /usr/local is replaced by /opt/homebrew in the above,
                but as that's in my PATH it doesn't matter.

        As my two Desktop machines do not support Ventura I'll have to
        software update them after the (long) weekend (at the coast
        :-)-O) to 12.6.2 and see what that does.  12.6.1 has
        /usr/bin/pythin3 as well but that's 3.9.6

        There is a reason for this (homebrew) madness.  Namely I need
        to run some Python modules (installed with PIP) and I need the
        same version on all of my machines, obviously :-)-O

greetings, el

On 28/10/2022 19:26, mkriele--- via lyx-users wrote:
> This should be okay.  After downgraded to 12.6.1, I installed
> python and tried the command „which python“ etc.  This only
> yielded python3 but not python or python2.  However, I could
> install LyX without any problems.  Obviously, I did not try this
> on Ventura.
>
> Marcus
[...]