On Thu, Jan 18, 2024 at 4:34 PM Markus Oppmann
<mar...@memotech.franken.de> wrote:

> Am 18.01.2024 um 06:17 schrieb lyx-users-requ...@lists.lyx.org:> On Thu,
> Jan 18, 2024 at 1:11?PM Hongyi Zhao <hongyi.z...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Based on what I've seen so far, my repo doesn't automatically update
> >> to the latest official repo commit, so maybe it's because of what
> >> you've described above, or maybe there's something wrong with my
> >> workflow script.
> >
> > I noticed that my workflow was running into the error shown in the
> > attached screenshot

> >> Regards,
> >> Zhao
> While i cannot provide insight into the error cause, did you consider
> using git's --mirror push mode for your mirror repo?
> This option most importantly automatically does a force-update or
> force-delete of refs if they were changed or deleted. Also, it
> automatically pushes all locally present branches.
> <https://git-scm.com/docs/git-push#Documentation/git-push.txt---mirror>
>
> Also it may be useful to check this GitHub docs site about this matter:
> <https://docs.github.com/en/repositories/creating-and-managing-repositories/duplicating-a-repository?platform=linux>

Now, I changed to the following:

name: "Sync"

on:
  schedule:
    - cron:  '0 0 * * *'  # This sets the action to run every day at midnight

jobs:
  sync:
    runs-on: ubuntu-latest
    steps:
    - name: Checkout
      uses: actions/checkout@v3

    - name: Mirror and Sync the repo
      run: |
        git config --global user.name 'Hongyi Zhao'
        git config --global user.email 'hongyi.z...@gmail.com'
        git clone --mirror git://git.lyx.org/lyx.git
        cd lyx
        git remote set-url --push origin https://github.com/hongyi-zhao/lyx.git
        git fetch -p origin
        git push --mirror