Thanks for the pointer. I realized where the problem is. I just upgraded to
macOS 14.3 and have not agreed to the Xcode license. This makes python
invisible to LyX. After updating Xcode, LyX can convert OLDER versions now.

Thanks,
Yuwen

> What operating system are you using?
>
> The only reason to get that type of error is to have a mix between
different versions installed. Because RC1 has a more recent conversion tool
(lyx2lyx) and so that error should not happen.