> On Sun, 18 Feb 2001 12:52:57 -0800 (PST) wrote Bolin Hsu
><[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a question about citation. I am writing a dissertation with
> > several chapters. Every chapter is stored in it's own file and included
> > in a main file.
> > When I try to cite an item in the bibliography from a chapter file,
> > no key shows up in the pop-up window.
> > So, is there a
> > way I can cite a bibliography item in chapter files?
>
> Duplicate the bibliography in the chapter files and set to Comment-Style
> (Alt-a Shift-C in my LyX). Then LyX will know the keys and LaTeX will
> ignore it.
>
> GM
>
> --
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

After reading this reply, I tried these:

1) place cursor in a bibliography item
2) press Alt-a then Shift-C

I inserted a capital C.

1) place cursor in a bibliography item
2) select "comment" from paragraph style pull-down menu, the bibliography
   item changes color and becomes a comment. mini-windows shows (M-p S-C)

Citation pop-up window doesn't show the label or key of this bibliography
item.

I also tried to open citation pop-up window in main.lyx, then switch to
chapter1.lyx using the Documents pull-down menu and re-open citation
pop-up window. Nothing shows up in the pop-up window.

Please point out what I am doing wrong. I am using lyx-1.1.6fix4. Thanks.

Bolin
---
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>