On Tue, Jul 16, 2002 at 09:42:35AM -0600, Rem wrote:
> If I am not mistaken SW is built on an old version of LaTex (At least this
> was the case sometime ago when I had to deal with an export problem between
> Mathematica and SW.)
> This may be one of the problems?

I don't think so. LaTeX per se is a pretty stable format which has not
changed much. The problem is the usage of non-standard packages as
tcilatex.sty.

As far as I know SW even has a option to safe "clean LaTeX" which produces
more portable .tex but once the bridges are burnt there is no easy way to
re-try. I try from time to time to run SW under Wine (and last time I even
got the interaction with Maple working but the .ps generation failed), so
maybe that's an option for larger quantities of files. For individual files
I'd hand-clean the .tex.

And to be honest, it is not much better the other way the other way
round...

Andre'

PS: And please don't quote everything I said. My memory is certainly
failing from time to time but if I need to re-read my messages I'll look
them up in the archive.

--
Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security,
will not have, nor do they deserve, either one. (T. Jefferson)