On 02/02/2005 05:15:11 PM, samar j. singh wrote:
Hi

I would like to join the applause for the lyx team. Although Lyx was
not
around when I did mine, I use it very extensively for writing
proposals
and just about everything else. I had years of latex and miktex before
my
linux days.There is a world of difference when you have to do
bibliographies and an index apart from all the other productivity.
Coming
to latex was a wonderful leap. Taking to Lyx is a whole new world.

The only problem is  when one has to talk to the rest of the world in
.doc

Please do not talk to the rest of world in *.doc. Instead use pdf. In that way your document cannot be modified by anybody and it cannot be affected by any macro virus.

Anand

The lyx team has done a grand job and its nice to be able to say thank
you
now that we have been reminded not to take it for granted.

samar