On Sun, May 01, 2005 at 11:54:38PM +0200, Uwe Stöhr wrote:
> \documentstyle[12pt,rfc]{article}
> means that you load the documentclass "article" with the option "12pt"
> and "rfc". As the article class doesn't support the option "rfc", you
> get this error.
> As the rfc style is defined as .sty-file, it is an extension to any
> document class and it can be loaded with the preamble line
>
> \usepackage{rfc}

Right.  I have that in the preamble, though.  I get the feeling that
I somehow need to load rfc before I tell it to use the article class;
but you can't do that, of course, because you can't put \usepackage
before \documentclass (or can you?  and if you can, how does one do
it?)

Andrew Sullivan  | [EMAIL PROTECTED]
The plural of anecdote is not data.
                --Roger Brinner