On Fri, 6 May 2005, Ryan King wrote:

Trying to tie up the last couple of things towards my thesis and have run
into a few road blocks. My question is how to include the front matter into
the TOC. I currently have an un-numbered title page and letter of
transmittal. Following this are 4-5 pages of matter before the TOC. I have
it set to number these pages in roman and revert to Arabic after the TOC.
Can someone help me insert the fore-matter into the TOC?

Ryan,

  Use, in an ERT box, '\addcontentsline{toc}{chapter}{Preface}'. Change the
last label to reflect the name you want in the ToC.

Rich

--
Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)