hola a todos,

this is my experience in to domesticate lyx (qt version) for work with spanish
in suse linux.

I think that part of this problem reside in the complex, very numerous and
often duplicate collection of config files of linux in general.

*** Accents and ñ no availables (dead keys)

In accordance with advises I make countless modifications an every config file,
and re-compilations of lyx. No work.

When advises indicate that errors in qt lib to be guilty I re-install qt lib,
re-compiled kernel, and I make sacrifices of lamb to the goddess. Nothing work.
(but then, lamb roasted was very tasty)

Then, I think that if keyboard work well in other soft packages perhaps qt lib
is not responsible for dead keys.

I download rpm of lyx pre-compiled for suse, install it, and dead keys work!

(ñ work ok, I found accents and others in differents keys but is good for now)

Perhaps qt lib is not guilty of dead keys.

*** Hyphenation no work

In log file of latex I can see that module of spanish hyphenation not was
loaded for latex. In accordance with advices I edited

/usr/share/texmf/tex/generic/config/language.dat

and then

run iniTeX

and several others actions along several weeks, none of this work.

I found other file named language.dat in

/usr/share/texmf/tex/platex/config

when I edited this file, latex loaded spanish module but NOT execute
hyphenation in spanish and even though I have

\language spanish

in my lyx file, in my output appears title - Inhaltsverzeichnis - (¿¡aghhhh!?
;-)

instead of - Índice General -.

Then, I replace in preamble

usepackage[spanish, english, german]{babel}

for

usepackage[spanish]{babel}

and hyphenation work well and german go home ;-)

I had add english and german with hope of get spellcheck in this language but I
had deleted it.

***

Other problems remains:

1) When I invoke Find & Replace I can't to type accented characters or ñ equals
to the used for lyx in the text. This characters look equals but are differents
in code.

2) I defined double quoted and I can't to type this in Find & Replace.

3) When I include Chapter* in TOC with ERT: \addcontents ... a point appears in
the left of the entry. This not occur in english.

4) I have an hybrid style. After itemizes, tables, fig, etc. next paragraph is
not indented. After title of section the paragraph get indentation. I need
modify a lot of paragraph for get coherence.

Regards,

Marcelo Acuña

Angus Leeming <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> escribió:Marcelo Acuÿfffff1a wrote:
> hola,
> Excuse me for my english.

¡Es mejor que mi español!

> I have an equal problem and equal system.
> I resolved this problem.
> I compiled Lyx and accents and ñ no work.
> I installed Lyx 1.3.5 from rpm (for suse) and found that ñ work ok and
> accents appears in other key (in the key at right of key with character
> zero). Other character (like ö) too appears in other keys. I accept this
> solution. I have strong problem with hyphenation in spanish.
> I solved this problem too.
> With much work I get that lyx work in spanish.
> It was very, very, hard.
>
> Suerte.
> Saludos.
>
> Marcelo Acuña - San Marcos Sierras - Córdoba - Argentina

Could you explain what you needed to do?

--
Angus

 A tu celular ¿no le falta algo?
 Usá Yahoo! Messenger y Correo Yahoo! en tu teléfono celular.
 Más información aquí.