Hi,

cbgreek by Claudio Beccari is the default option for babel; however, it
uses bitmapped fonts by default, and when it comes to outlined fonts it
is rather large (over 70 Mb); Alexej Kryukov assembled the cm-lgc
package (in CTAN:/fonts/ps-type1), which does a pretty good job at
substitution of T1 (Latin), LGR (Greek) and T2 (Cyrillic) fonts in
about 13Mb; however, depending on how you want to enter the text in
LyX, you might try ibycus-babel, which has its own set of fonts, some
of them outlined.  Assuming you're using the default Beccari encoding,
try \usepackage{cm-lgc} after downloading it.  It is pretty small and
straightforward...

Personally, I find the ibycus package quite satisfactory, specially
because it uses something close to Beta encoding (TLG or Perseus texts)
without messing with LaTeX backslashes; both cm-lgc and ibycus are pfb
based, meaning that they are not bitmapped.

Cheers,

Luis

J.L.Rivera
Universidad Panamericana
Facultad de Filosofia
Departamento de Estudios Libres
03920 Mexico DF

"The work of the philosopher consists in assembling reminders for a particular
purpose."-- Ludwig Wittgenstein.