On Nov 19, 2005, at 8:30 AM, Uwe Stöhr wrote:

Stefano Franchi wrote:

My keyboard is acting strangely again, and I need to use the minibuffer to input accented characters and similia. But I can't remember the function needed to input the German hard-S. Can anyone help? Thanks.

What about this: Copy the following line to the bind you are using (normally cua.bind):

\bind "C-S-A"         "self-insert ß""

THe restart LyX and now Control-Shift-a should insert an "ß"

Brilliant! That's exactly what I was hunting for: inserting ß from the minibuffer. Updating the bindings file is a plus I had not thought of, but I'll do it right away. I have been using the ERT \ss as a temporary solution, but it's ugly to see. I still don't understand why I can get ß in the minibuffer (with, on my Mac, option-s) and not in the main window, but I can live in blissful ignorance for now.

Thanks,

S.

Stefano Franchi
Department of Philosophy                  Ph:  (64) 9 373-7599 x83940
University Of Auckland                  Fax: (64) 9 373-7408
Private Bag 92019                               [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Auckland
New Zealand