I don't use Windows, so please pardon me if this is too obvious. I'm
installing LyX/Win for a friend.

This may fall under the "cleaning out redundant programs" category.
Does installing a newer LyX replace the older LyX in Windows (as it
may in Linux)?

A few months ago, I installed lyx-1.3.6 with the installer that refers
to other sites from which Python, shell, MikTeX and other things are
installed. That works.

When 1.3.7 came out, I pointed and clicked in lyx.org and (mistakenly)
used Uwe Stöhr's installer for Lyx-1.3.7pre6.  It was a mistake
because I was not alert to realize that was the pre-release lyx.

Now I need to install the 1.3.7 final release.  If I uninstall
1.3.7pre6, does it take away with it all of the support programs that
it installed (sh.exe, all that other stuff)?

Does the supported LyX windows installer co-operate with Uwe's
all-in-one installer?  I mean, if I install 1.3.7, will it erase
1.3.7pre6 automatically?

--
Paul E. Johnson
Professor, Political Science