Joachim Krieg wrote:

Hello,
I'm writing my thesis with LyX 1.3.7 on WinXP. The class is "book",
the style is "default".
It's working very nice but now I have one question:
Is there an easy way to get the page number top right without
using style "fancy"? The problem is that on every start page of a chapter
the page number is in the footer.
I searched for a solution in the mailinglist, on the LyX wiki and in
one LaTeX book but there are only hints for using fancy. Are there
other possibilities?

Thanks for your help and sorry for my bad English

--
Joachim

Hi,
I think it could be done by changing the page style to fancy and adding the following commands in the peramble

\pagestyle{fancy}
\renewcommand{\headrulewidth}{0pt}
\rhead{\thepage}
\lhead{}
\rfoot{}
\lfoot{}
\cfoot{}

But this will not give you the page number on the first page of the chapter. To add the page number on the first page you have to put command \thispagestyle{fancy} using ERT at the start of the first line of the page.

regards,

Kamran