Amir H Davaie-Markazi wrote:
Dear all,

I just installed LYX for windows. Everythink worked fine until I changed the
user interface to something other than default. Next time I ran LYX menus
are disappeared. Hence, I am not able to undo the action. Could you please
help me to resolve the problem.

Navigate to your LyX home directory, which should be C:\Documents and Settings\<your id>\Application Data\LyX1.4.x. Open the preferences file in a text editor (notepad will do), locate the line that starts \ui_file (should be line 19, give or take), and change it to \ui_file "default". Save, exit, cross fingers (and toes if you are flexible), and restart LyX.

/Paul