Steve Litt wrote:

Here's a fairly minimal test.lyx. On my system, when I View->Postscript, the gv page numbers reset at page 1 (gv pages 1, 1 and 2 correspond to logical pages i, 1 and 2). This is correct.

However, when I View->PDF(pdflatex) or any other conversion to pdf, my gv page numbers are 1, 2 and 3 corresponding to logical page numbers i, 1 and 2. This results in the gv page numbers not matching the logical page numbers.

It would be interesting to see if it acts the same way on your system.

I'm using lyx 1.3.5 Oct 6, 2004, which is what came with my Mandriva 2006 Linux. I'd very much prefer not to upgrade until I'm completely through with my current book and have plenty of time to troubleshoot all my past books after upgrading my lyx to 1.4.whatever, which has *character styles!!!* (and thanks so much for the character styles).

I get page numbers i, 1, 2 with both View->DVI and View->PDF (pdflatex) here, using LyX 1.4.1 (also LyX 1.3.7). I'm on Win XP with MiKTeX. Don't know if the difference is the LyX version, the LaTeX distribution, or the version of pdflatex (MiKTeX-pdfetex 2.4.2140).

/Paul