Sven Schreiber wrote:
Don't know if this is a known bug; when using pdf (pdflatex), Lyx
doesn't respond while "waiting for latex run 1" forever. The exported
latex compiles fine directly to pdf with Miktex (using Texniccenter).
Using other pdf-generating profiles works, so this is not a huge issue,
but still.

I attach a minimal example file as well as the exported latex.

Oh, this is on windows, and pdflatex usually works fine for me, but I
don't usually use png graphics.

Thanks,
Sven

I loaded your document into LyX 1.4.1 here (Win XP, MiKTeX but *not* Texniccenter), substituted a PNG file I have (you didn't attach yours), and viewed it via pdflatex with no problem. I routinely use PNG images in PDF files and have not had LyX hang.

Have you tried other PNG files and had View->PDF (pdflatex) hang?

/Paul