On Sun, 13 Aug 2006, Nicola Arnoldi wrote:

I am almost getting mad while trying to getting your songbook class macro for lyx.

Hi Nicola, I take this is the songbook you are talking about
        http://wiki.lyx.org/Layouts/Songbook

(Btw, the style is written Christopher Rath, I've only adapted a layout to make it look prettier inside LyX).

I am actually using lyx 1.4 for mac. After trying to put the package files almost in every tex dir, latex does recognize the new class, but Lyx doesn't.

Eh... if I remember correctly, it's not really a new class? I thought it was just a style to be included. Anyway, I think some more details are in order.

Here's one thing though. Have you done this:

        Reconfigure LyX and check that LyX has found the songbook package,
        e.g. if you enter this at the command line: lyx -x reconfigure
        then one of the output lines should look like this

        +checking for document class songbook [book]... yes

/Christian