On 2/18/07, Neal Becker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I now understand that the problems I've been seeing with graphics have
nothing to do with the 1.4.4 update, it is because of a ghostscript update,
and ghostscript is crashing in epstopdf.

I changed the eps->pdf to use ImageMagick's convert.  Now I have images, but
they don't appear to be scaled correctly.  Where/how is the scaling
performed?

ImageMagick is a software suite to create, edit, and compose bitmap
images. Therefore, your images are converted to bitmaps and hence the
quality of scaling is bad because your images are no longer vectorial.
Perhaps, you should downgrade ghostscript, to use it instead of
ImageMagick.

Paul