http://www-h.eng.cam.ac.uk/help/tpl/textprocessing/teTeX/latex/latex2e-html/ltx-140.html

On Tue, 17 Jul 2007, Lyx Physicst apparently wrote:
> Hi, Alan.  Yes I tried that, and I also tried \usepackage{afterpage} in
my
> preamble and then \afterpage{\thispagestyleempty}} and neither
work.  They
> still leave the first page of the bib with a page number...  Is there
any
> way that I can create a sep file of my bib(with refs in
> order) and remove the first page there?

Try comp.text.tex
There is an easy way to do this.

I vaguely remember that you need the pagestyle command to
come sufficiently late on the page, certainly *after*
any \chapter like commands.

hth,
Alan Isaac

Alan, can you give a little more info on the comp.text.tex?  I am new to
LaTex and Lyx so I am still learning and figuring things out..