curtis osterhoudt wrote:

When I wrote my thesis, I was required to have page numbers on EVERY
page except the first couple. So I can't help you with a nice technical
hack. However, I did have to resort (for various reasons) to a very
low-tech kludge. If you're desperate for a just-good-enough solution,
you might try simply printing the page as-is, page number and all. Then
take a nice sharp knife blade or razor, and carefully scrape away the
ink. One of the professors in my department also swore that a
high-powered, pulsed infrared laser will blow the ink off the paper,
but not damage the paper itself (this is something I didn't try,
though).

You're sure he wasn't suggesting aiming it at the twit that requires no page number on the first reference page?