Rudi Gaelzer wrote:
Returning to this thread:
http://marc.info/?l=lyx-users&m=116026623917165&w=2
which concerns the creation of a multi-paragraph description list, the recipe works, but the new paragraph is not indented inside the description.

Now, in LaTeX2e, you can set the length of \listparindent to 1\parindent, or something else, but you have to set it inside the list_decl field of the list environment.

Is there no way I can set a paragraph indentation inside a list in LyX? I even tried to issue the command
\setlength{\listpartindent}{1\parindent}
or
\setlength{\listpartindent}{0.5cm}

on the preamble, but it was solemnly ignored by LyX...

Thanks.

Inelegant but seems to work:

* Add to the preamble

\newlength{\lpinx}
\setlength{\lpinx}{1\parindent}
\newcommand{\lpin}{\hspace*{\lpinx}}

(change names and length to taste).

* At the start of the indented items, add \lpin (including the trailing space, of course) in ERT.

For a more aesthetically pleasing solution, I think you would need either to redefine the itemize environment or create your own (and then add you new environment to the layout file). Specification of a value for \listparindent has to be done in an argument to the begin command for the list environment, which is why LaTeX turned its nose up at your attempts. (But at least it did so solemnly.)

/Paul