On Friday 16 November 2007, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I wanted to have the facility of generating a clean design -- like what the
> beamer/LyX  combination gives you-- together with my references properly
> formatted with bibtex.
>
> Could I get a beamer presentation onto one A4 landscape page? The trouble I
> see is with the font sizes, as beamer makes everything quite large for a
> screen layout.

I haven't used beamer, but I do use powerdot -- a similar class -- on a
regular basis, and I can see the problem with fonts.

If you have a relatively large amount of text, and relatively few figures
(even if they are fairly large) you might get good results with a very
straightforward approach using article class and the multicol package to put
perhaps three columns onto a single landscape page. With this method I'd put
the figures and tables in floats and let LaTeX figure out where to put
them -- but I'd also expect to waste a lot of time juggling margins, font
sizes and spacing to fill the page without overflowing it.

--
Les