Try to start LyX anyway and see what happens (the installation script is normally not needed for LyX to function). If it starts, try to open the Tutorial from the help menu and create a pdf ( View -> PDF (pdflatex) ) If it doesn't work try LyX->Reconfigure and restart LyX. If that fails, try to open Terminal.app and write sudo texhash (you need to be an administrator), then Reconfigure LyX again (these steps are a "universal cure" and solves many problems that are TeX-related). Please report back on your progress (Bennett is working on improving/ integrating the installer, so I think he appreciates any feedback about problems and solutions).

Anders