On Jan 14, 2008, at 11:16 AM, Anders Ekberg wrote:

I re-ran the installer. There is no dialog pop up after it asks about
the template
file and before the AppleScript error message. The only change is that
"Install default LyX
templates" gets checked.

I don't even have this ~/Library/texmf/tex/latex/ folder. But I tried kpsewhich lyxchess.sty anyway. I got just prompt. So, I tried texhash,
here is what I got

appledediannao:~ wubiao$ texhash
texhash: /usr/local/texlive/2007/../texmf-local: directory not
writable. Skipping...
texhash: /usr/local/texlive/2007/texmf: directory not writable. Skipping... texhash: /usr/local/texlive/2007/texmf-config: directory not writable.
Skipping...
texhash: /usr/local/texlive/2007/texmf-dist: directory not writable. Skipping...
texhash: Updating /usr/local/texlive/2007/texmf-var/ls-R...
texhash: Done.

Looks like something has gone wrong with your TeX-installation. I think the easiest is to re-install MacTeX then re-run the LyX- installer.

I don't think I'd jump to that conclusion: texhash shouldn't be able to write to those directories unless run as root. So everything here looks normal to me.

Biao - try manually creating ~/Library/texmf/tex/latex and then run the installer again. Does that change anything?

Bennett